Check out Naval’s Episode Page & Show Notes
This podcast clip is part of a conversation between Naval Ravikant (@naval) and Babak Nivi (@nivi). Unless otherwise noted, quotes are from Naval. For reference, check out Naval’s famous How to Get Rich tweet storm.
- “We have this idea that everything can be taught…..everything can be taught in school. And it’s not true that everything can be taught. In fact, the most interesting things cannot be taught. But everything can be learned.”
- Specific knowledge is the knowledge that you care most about
- You can’t be trained for specific knowledge
- If it were possible to be trained for it – then someone else could be trained for it too
- You’d then be extremely replaceable – by other humans and eventually robots
- How do you discover your specific knowledge?
- “Specific knowledge is found by pursuing your innate talents, your genuine curiosity, and your passion”
- “If you’re not 100% into it, then someone else who is 100% into it will outperform you”
- Look back on your own life and see what you’re uniquely good at
- Specific knowledge is the stuff that feels like play to you but looks like work to others
These notes were edited by RoRoPa Editing Services