Check out Naval’s Episode Page & Show Notes
This podcast clip is part of a conversation between Naval Ravikant (@naval) and Babak Nivi (@nivi). Unless otherwise noted, quotes are from Naval.
- Capitalism is innate to the human species in every exchange we have
- When two people are talking – there’s an information exchange
- “The notion of exchange and keeping track of credits and debits – this is built into us as flexible social animals”
- Humans are the only animals in the animal kingdom that cooperate across genetic boundaries
- Most animals don’t even cooperate – those that do, cooperate only in packs or when they have some shared interest
- What lets humans cooperate?
- Keeping track of credits and debts – that’s free market capitalism
- “Everybody can be wealthy, everybody can be retired, everybody can be successful”
- It just comes down to education and desire
- “If you get too many takers, and not enough makers, society falls apart”
- This results in a communist country
These notes were edited by RoRoPa Editing Services