8/10 microphones, Listen HERE
The 5 Habits: If you win the morning, you win the day (getting 3/5 is winning
- Make Your Bed: A small easy win to get the day going right and will help encourage accomplish more things
- Enforces that little things in life matter
- In a day with lots of uncertainty, it is important to control what you can control
- If you work from home, even more important so create a more organized and not distracted environment the less stressed you will be
- Sets you up to come at the end of the day to something you’ve accomplished
- 80% of top performers Tim speaks with meditate
- Mediation can help you be more effective in the rest of the day
- Where to start: Headspace or Calm apps, Tara Brach, Sam Harris – Waking up
- Start with 5 days of 5-20 minutes to get a habit that is easy to accomplish/win
- TM.org – Transcendental Meditation – focus on a mantra to repeat to white noise out other thoughts
- Drawbacks: Is too costly, Too much guru worship
- Goal is to practice bringing you attention back to the mantra as you inevitably get distracted (development muscle of concentration
- Hang: Decompress your spine and increase grip strength (Ido Portal), break up work sessions
What Tim is Reading: Joseph Campbell: The Way of the Animal Powers, The historical Atlas of World Mythology
This podcast is brought to you by Wealthfront. Wealthfront is a massively disruptive (in a good way) set-it-and-forget-it investing service, led by technologists from places like Apple and world-famous investors. It has exploded in popularity in the last 2 years, and now has more than $2.5B under management. In fact, some of my good investor friends in Silicon Valley have millions of their own money in Wealthfront. Why? Because you can get services previously limited to the ultra-wealthy and only pay pennies on the dollar for them, and it’s all through smarter software instead of retail locations and bloated sales teams
Check out wealthfront.com/tim, take their risk assessment quiz, which only takes 2-5 minutes, and they’ll show you—for free–exactly the portfolio they’d put you in. If you want to just take their advice and do it yourself, you can. Or, as I would, you can set it and forget it. Well worth a few minutes: wealthfront.com/tim.
Mandatory disclaimer: Wealthfront Inc. is an SEC registered Investment Advisor.
Investing in securities involves risks, and there is the possibility of losing money. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Please visit Wealthfront dot com to read their full disclosure.
This episode is also sponsored by 99Designs, the world’s largest marketplace of graphic designers. Did you know I used 99Designs to rapid prototype the cover for The 4-Hour Body? Here are some of the impressive results. Click this link and get a free $99 upgrade. Give it a test run…