- Tim Ferriss Books
- Tribe of Mentors: The ultimate choose-your-own-adventure book—a compilation of tools, tactics, and habits from 130+ of the world’s top performers. From iconic entrepreneurs to elite athletes, from artists to billionaire investors, their short profiles can help you answer life’s most challenging questions, achieve extraordinary results, and transform your life.
- Tools of Titans: Tim’s own compilation of learnings from across his finest podcasts
- The 4-Hour Body: Tim Ferriss shares the incredible experiments he’s done over 10 years to beat genetics and achieve the impossible…for himself and more than 200 men and women aged 18 to 70. You don’t need better genetics or more discipline. You need immediate results that compel you to continue
- The 4-Hour Chef: Tim Ferriss takes you from Manhattan to Okinawa, and from Silicon Valley to Calcutta, unearthing the secrets of the world’s fastest learners and greatest chefs. Ferriss uses cooking to explain “meta-learning,” a step-by-step process that can be used to master anything, whether searing steak or shooting 3-pointers in basketball.
- The 4-Hour Workweek: The New York Times bestselling author of The 4-Hour Body shows readers how to live more and work less, now with more than 100 pages of new, cutting-edge content. Forget the old concept of retirement and the rest of the deferred-life plan–there is no need to wait and every reason not to, especially in unpredictable economic times. Whether your dream is escaping the rat race, experiencing high-end world travel, or earning a monthly five-figure income with zero management, The 4-Hour Workweek is the blueprint.
- Tim Ferriss Book Recommendations
- Stoicism and Thoughtfulness Books
Art of Manliness Podcast:
Neil Stephenson Books are incredible visions of the future and the past:
- Snow Crash – Consistently a top pick from Tim Ferris and many of his guests. Cyberpunk story written in the 90’s but holds up almost too well on all things from the internet, memes, digital currencies, VR/AR
- Seveneves – Epic tapestry of the future when humanity has a few years to plan for the end of earth
- Cryptonomicon: A must read for anyone who loves the emerging world of crypto, written before bitcoin existed
Shantaram – Required for anyone who has ever dreamed of visiting India
Infinite Jest – David Foster Wallace was truly a one of a kind author. A gargantuan, mind-altering comedy about the Pursuit of Happiness in America set in an addicts’ halfway house and a tennis academy, and featuring the most endearingly screwed-up family to come along in recent fiction. This book is DENSE and audio is the only way to make it through, you’ll be glad you did. Check out his legendary Commencement Speech – This is Water
Kafka on the Shore – Another Tim Ferris favorite. Nobody tells a story like Haruki Murakami.
The Wizard of Menlo Park– How much do you really know about Thomas Edison. Firstly, he didn’t actually invent the light bulb. Take an expert tour through his life with the best biographer in the word.
We are Legion (We Are Bob) – Recommended by Peter Diamondis. Fun/odd sci-fi that really resonates if you, like Peter, think a lot about the future of industry in space. Only $2, buy this one.
Necronomicon: Ever heard of Chtulu? H. P. Lovecraft’s astonishing tales blend elements of horror, science fiction, and cosmic terror. Written way back in the 20s and still endures.
The Picture of Dorian Grey– You might know the general idea, but the actual story is worth experiencing. It’s fun to truly be transported to another time in history.
Interested in joining the Podcastnotes Team as a contributor? Email a sample of notes from your favorite Podcast to Podcastnotes1@gmail.com