Listen HERE, dancarlin.com @dccommonsense, also check out the AMAZING Hardcore History Podcast
The Pace of Innovation and Climate Change
- Simply given the billions of people alive today and more of those are educated, we have more minds/neurons today than ever before (James Burke)
- Climate change = meteor flying at earth (bill gates), if it was a meteor wouldn’t we be working better as a planet to stop it? (I think it’s a function on perceived uncertainty and short term financial greed)
- How can we accelerate pace of change?
- How efficient gov is in research vs most venture capital? Most of VC is failed anyway, it’s just the ones that work that pay for the failures
- Need for profit incentive to get private investment in climcate change/renewables going, no fortune, payoff is too far away, no incentive to switch
- Threat from entrenched interests to innovation
- News anchors show true colors in emergency, some don’t know what to say without a teleprompter, others shine
- Terrorism: emotional weapon, predictable human response
- Mistakes (unintended civilian casualties) vs. celebrating civilian casualties (hard to argue those that celebrate the death of women/children are in any way defendable (this is not a freedom fighter…)
- Jab: lashing out is great if you can hit them back- a tactic, NATO is powerless
- Cruz: stop worrying about collateral damage. What, we already don’t…?
- Can’t just kill all, who are “they”
- We risk turning the West into THEM to try stop them, but not responding just seems wrong, no easy answer
- Laws you want to use on others can easily be turned on you
- What do you give up to try stop others from getting bad ideas?
- Bad ideas change over time
- Overreaction creates more problem, like drone strikes
- We do not reward politicians who say we can’t do more/succeed
- This was done with widely available us, no big weapons like nukes
- Getting serious is not going to solve it, even the Nazis couldn’t stop who they thought were terrorists and they didn’t pull any punches
- You’ll hate yourself in the historical “morning” as doing more will chew up positive part so f society: what the bad guys actually want
- Grit teeth and be open in face of your challenge? And let those who die be our martyrs
- Can you/we coexist with Jihad?